The below is a report from the Northolt West End Policing Safer Neighbourhood Team for July:
- The team is running with 1 Sergeant, 1 PC and 3 PCSO’s. This will not change this month but as previously mentioned PC BUSS is leaving the team in August 2012. However, PC SHAMIM is still set to return to us at the end of July 2012.
- Crime on the ward continues on a downward trend with Burglary and theft from motor vehicles remaining low. The ward has seen the highest drop in crime rates on the cluster currently running at -40%, which is a huge decrease.
- We continue to have reports on street drinkers which we are obtaining ASBO’s on and are awaiting news from the ASBO team and the courts in relation to this. We also have reports of drug use and dealing at various locations on the ward, all of these locations are being patrolled and we are at this time focusing our efforts on our estates and tower blocks, with special attention being paid to Radcliffe Way, Wayfarer, Medlar Farm and Godfrey Avenue.
- The second week in July will see the return of the Door Stop Project. The team will be working with Morrison’s PLC and LBE to give burglary advice and fit door chains and mirrors to vulnerable premises. At this time this is due to take place from 1000hrs on the 12th July in Medlar Farm. This may change between now and then, if you would like to come along and see what we are doing or to assist us then we would be more than happy to see you.
- The team are working on warrants for premises on the Ward. If you have any information or know someone who does that you think may be of interest to the SNT then please let us know.